Questions?Call our office to speak with a Trip Consultant 1-888-639-1114
8-Day Luxury Camp-based Multi-Sport Adventure
per person based on double occupancy
Deposit: $1000 Single Supplement: $1000 Meeting Place: San Jose del Cabo, Baja, Mexico Age Range: 7-75
Quite possibly the perfect Baja adventure…
Experience nature in all its glory in two of Baja California’s most beautiful nature reserves – Isla Espiritu Santo in the Sea of Cortez and the Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve. Baja’s pristine wilderness is your backdrop as you head out for a hike and bird-watching from your exquisite basecamp in a mango grove. Then transfer to your secluded beach camp to snorkel, paddle board and kayak. Each evening succumb to the pleasures of “camping” with real beds, soft linens, lovely furnishings, chef-prepared meals and daily happy hour. It is truly the best of both worlds! You’ll also enjoy stopovers at boutique hotels in Todos Santos so you can develop your skills at surfing, take a Mexican cooking class and swim with whale sharks.
- Hiking in the Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve
- Swimming with sea lions and whale sharks
- Bird watching in mountain and coastal areas
- Kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkeling in the Sea of Cortez
- Surfing lessons at one of best surf breaks in Baja
- Mexican cooking class with local chef
- Accommodations in luxury tent camps and boutique hotels
- Adventures in two of Baja’s most beautiful nature reserves
- pueblo magico or magic village, artists colony, surfing hotspot and agricultural center
Itinerary at a Glance
- Meet your guides at the airport in San Jose del Cabo and transfer to Todos Santos and Los Colibris Casitas
- Welcome dinner at Iker’s Colibris Cafe
- Transfer to Camp Cecil de al Sierra at the Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve and settle into your luxury tented camp in a mango and grapefruit grove
- Hike in the Reserve, bird watch, picnic by waterfalls and get unparalleled views of the mountains and Pacific Ocean
- Enjoy happy hour and a chef-prepared ranch dinner before another blissful night in the mountain air
- Transfer to Todos Santos for an afternoon of surfing instruction
- Take a Mexican cooking class with renowned author and chef, Iker Algorri
- Transfer to the National Marine Park on Isla Espiritu Santo in the Sea of Cortez and check in to your luxurious beach-side camp
- Snorkel with sea lion pups, watch for whales, sea turtles and manta rays
- Sea kayak & SUP the calm waters or simply relax and enjoy the myriad bird life endemic to the region
- Get acquainted with the abundant sea life – maybe spot some whales or paddle board with sea turtles before another superb dinner and night sleep
- Take a swim with whale sharks before transferring back to Todos Santos where you’ll check into your hotel and head out on the town for a farewell dinner
- Accommodation for 7 nights (3 nights Todos Santos, 2 nights Camp Cecil de la Sierra, 2 nights Island Camp)
- All your meals as outlined in the itinerary
- Daily Happy hour and two drinks with dinner
- Surf lessons, beach time, private hikes, kayaking, SUP-ing,
- Snorkeling with sea lions, horseback riding, swimming with whale sharks
- Cooking class, bilingual guides (Spanish/English)
- Entrance fee to the Reserves
- All your transfers from Los Cabos, return
What to Expect on your Baja Glamping the Seas & Sierras Adventure
Day One: Todos Santos
Today you’ll arrive at the airport in San Jose del Cabo where you’ll be met by your guides and transferred to Todos Santos and Los Colibris Casitas, (about a 90 minute drive). Upon arrival, get settled into your lovely rooms with beautiful ocean views, before a gourmet taco welcome dinner at Iker’s Colibris Cafe. During dinner your guides will host a trip briefing, outlining the adventures to come. Overnight at Los Colibris.
Day Two: Todos Santos
Camp Cecil de la Sierra and the Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve
Camp Cecil de la Sierra is a luxury tent camp in a mango and grapefruit grove in the Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve of Baja California Sur, about 90 minutes from Todos Santos. It is the sister property to our award-winning Camp Cecil de la Isla on Isla Espiritu Santo. Camp Cecil de la Sierra is on the property of a local ranching family, and the camp highlights both the cultural and natural heritage of the Sierras. The family is an integral part of the experience, providing all the meat, cheese and tortillas for the camp, teaching guests how to make tortillas and cheese in the traditional manner, and acting as guides in the reserve.
The Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve is one of Baja´s most beautiful but least explored areas and one of the most biodiverse areas in the world with almost 25% of plants and 10% of animals endemic to the area, i.e, they are not found anywhere else on the planet.
Activities at the camp include hikes in the reserve, with opportunities to get terrific views of the Pacific ocean, swimming in watering holes and picnicking by waterfalls. There are fantastic birding opportunities in the early mornings, amazing star gazing at night, and plenty of chances to interact with the ranch family and assist in making cheese, tortillas and other products in the traditional manner. You can also just hang out in the shade of the mango trees and enjoy the books in the library, perhaps while sipping a margarita.
Day Three: Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve
Perhaps we’ll start the day with some birding around camp early in the morning, enjoy an amazing ranch breakfast, then head out for a great hike through the mountains, taking in some spectacular views. Upon our return we’ll enjoy happy hour in the huerta, then a delicious ranch dinner prepared by our chef. And if you’re awake late enough, we’ll enjoy the stars in the clear mountain air. A magnificent day.
Day Four: Todos Santos
We’ll enjoy some early morning bird watching and/or hiking, savor a final ranch breakfast, then we’ll head back to Todos Santos for a day of surfing, boogie boarding and picnicking at one of the best surf breaks in Baja. No experience? No problem! Our surf instructors guarantee that they’ll have you catching a wave by the end of your first hour of instruction – even if just for a moment!
This evening local lawyer-turned-chef Iker Algorri, author of Cooking Adventures in Baja California Sur and chef-in-residence at Los Colibris Casitas, will lead a wonderful Mexican Cooking Class. The emphasis is on having as much fun as humanly possible, learning to make the perfect margarita, and gaining the skill to make some truly memorable Mexican dishes following Chef Iker’s cooking philosophy, the Magnificence of Simplicity. You’ll also probably learn about some great Latin music. But be warned – dancing often known to follow!
Day Five: Isla Espiritu Santo
Sea of Cortez and Camp Cecil Adventure!
We’re off to Isla Espiritu Santo and Camp Cecil today! After breakfast we’ll go to our bodega to get snorkeling gear and wet suits, then it’s on to the boats and out into the Sea of Cortez!Camp Cecil is on Isla Espiritu Santo which is in a National Marine Park, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is one of the best marine life viewing destinations in the world. Whales, dolphins, whale sharks, sea turtles, manta rays and plenty of beautiful tropical fish call the surrounding waters home, while a terrific range of bird species including Blue-footed Boobies, Reddish Egrets, Great Blue Herons and Yellow-footed Gulls frequent the island’s skies and shores.
The island itself is stunning, with magnificent towering cliffs, spectacular sandy bays, amazing lava rock formations, and rock art left by the now-extinct Guaycura and Pericu Indians. There’s even an endemic ring-tailed cat, the babisuri. It’s a remarkable place to explore. We’ll spend the days kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, swimming with sea lions, stand up paddle boarding, bird watching, and exploring hidden lagoons and desert beaches. Hanging around doing nothing, reading trashy novels and sipping margaritas is also highly encouraged.
Day Six: Isla Espiritu Santo
Who know what adventures the day may bring?! Perhaps paddle board with sea turtles, or snorkel with sea lions, maybe spot some whales, or dance with some Blue-footed Boobies. Whatever surprises the day may hold, you can be sure that it will also include magnificent food and drink!
Whale Sharks / Farewell Dinner
Today we’ll depart from Camp Cecil and head for one of the most amazing experiences yet – swimming with the largest fish in the world – the whale shark! These gentle giants feed on plankton in the Bay of La Paz, and it is here that we have the remarkable experience of observing and swimming with them.
In the afternoon we’ll return to Todos Santos, check back in to our hotel, then head out on the town for a wonderful farewell dinner.
Day Eight: Departure
Say adios but not good-bye. Transfer to the airport for flights home or onto your next adventure.
Los Colibris Casitas | Todos Santos
With the services and amenities of a boutique hotel, combined with the privacy and comfort of a vacation rental, Los Colibris Casitas was made for nature lovers seeking beauty and tranquility. Each of our casas and casitas has magnificent views of the Pacific ocean, a freshwater estuary and a palm grove oasis to the front, and the Sierra de la Laguna mountains to the side and back.
Camp Cecil de la Sierra | Sierra de la Laguna
Camp Cecil de la Sierra is a luxury tent camp in the mango and grapefruit grove of a local ranching family in the Sierra La Laguna Biosphere Reserve.
The accommodations are beautifully decorated walk-in tents with real beds, linens, rugs, bedside tables, lamps, mirrors, chairs, towels, and rocking chairs on the patio. Each tent has a private compost toilet cabaña, and there is a shared shower cabaña. Activities include beautiful hikes in the reserve with spectacular views, swimming in watering holes and picnicking by waterfalls. There is fantastic birding in the mornings, amazing star gazing at night, and many opportunities to interact with the rancheros.
Camp Cecil de la Isla | Isla Espiritu Santo
Camp Cecil de la Isla is on one of the island´s most beautiful beaches and features beautifully decorated walk-in tents (with real beds!) and Espiritu Xantus Café, where our on-site chef makes wonderful meals for you every day – and daily happy hour of course.