ROAM COVID-19 Info
Home | ROAM COVID-19 Info
ROAM COVID-19 INFORMATION
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN TRAVELING WITH ROAM
The health and safety of our guests and staff has always been our number one priority. We have been working diligently with government and our various associations to develop proper procedures and protocols for all aspects of our business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are confident that we will meet and exceed the regulatory standards set forth by national governments and health authorities. This way, when you decide to travel with ROAM, you can feel confident in your choice.
ADAPTING & IMPROVING YOUR EXPERIENCE
As the global health crisis and recovery evolves, the policies and initiatives listed below may change. What will not change, is the same level of excellence you’ve come to expect from ROAM and our team at Bear Camp
THERE’S “CLEAN” AND THEN THERE’S “ROAM CLEAN”
Preferring to err on the side of caution and be over-thorough when it comes to hygiene and COVID-19, we have developed even more stringent sanitation protocols in the following areas:
- Detailed set of daily cleaning and sterilization protocols for:
- High touch surfaces
- Helicopters, charter planes, boat
- Transport vehicles
- Public washrooms
- Staff quarters
- All rooms and common areas will be sanitized before each trip
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all common areas
We are continually researching the best and safest methods of cleaning our adventure equipment. ROAM was an active participant in developing rafting and activity COVID-19 protocols since the outbreak in March 2020.
SHARED EXPERIENCE, AT A PHYSICAL DISTANCE
- We will make every attempt possible to allow for physical distancing and in the rare occurrence when that is not possible, we will provide you a mask and/or other protective equipment.
- We will continue to provide additional details on ROAM’s physical distancing protocols as new information is available and as the pandemic evolves.
- All guests and staff will be required to wear a mask when traveling in vehicles, planes or helicopters, or when physical distancing is not possible
- In both the lodges and in the field, when not in the company of your family unit or travel cohort, please try to remain 2m (6ft) apart
- All areas of our lodge will have furniture arranged appropriately and policies posted regarding room capacity, seating requirements, etc. Seating in the dining room will allow a maximum of 6 guests in your bubble per table
- All guests are encouraged to bring their own hiking equipment (boots, rain gear, backpack). ROAM will have equipment available, should you need it, that will be cleaned between trips. Other equipment will be issued to you for the duration of your stay
- We will provide additional details on each activity’s protocols prior to heading out in the field for the day
WE CHECK IN WITH EACH OTHER EVERY DAY
We have always had a thorough protocol for the care and containment of any guest or staff who falls ill and we will continue to closely monitor the health of all of those at the lodges and on expeditions on a daily basis. This could include:
- Daily staff health self-assessments before entering any common space and/or commencing work
- Daily guest health self-assessments before entering any common space
- Anyone that is visibly unwell at any point in your trip, will not be permitted to join activities until cleared to do so