Questions?Call our office to speak with a Trip Consultant 1-888-639-1114
8-Day Hotel and Camp-based Multi-Sport Adventure
per person based on double occupancy
Bi-monthly departures by request
Deposit: $1000 Single Supplement: $1000 Meeting Place: San Jose del Cabo, Baja, Mexico Age Range: 7-75
Perfect Weather, Multi-generational, The Same Love of Adventure,
This is a wonderful opportunity for couples or family members of different generations to come together and enjoy some of life’s greatest adventures – from sea kayaking in the Sea of Cortez, to surfing in the Pacific Ocean, to hiking along the Pacific bluffs to snorkelling with Los Islotes’ sea lion puppies. There are plenty of alternate activities at different paces to appeal to all family members. Highlights include:
- Blue skies and great temperatures in beautiful Baja
- Three nights of luxury camping at Island Camp on beautiful Isla Espiritu Santo, part of a national marine park, where adventures include swimming with sea lions, kayaking, stand up paddle board, hiking, bird watching and star gazing
- Swimming with whale sharks, the largest fish in the world
- Surfing lessons on one of the best breaks in Baja
- Horseback riding on the beach
- Mexican cooking lesson with local chef
- Hike along rugged, pristine, Pacific coastline
- Experienced, bilingual naturalist guides who are certified Wilderness First Responders and deeply knowledgeable about the area
- Charming Todos Santos, pueblo magico or magic village, artists colony, surfing hotspot and agricultural center
Itinerary at a Glance
- Meet your guides at the airport in San Jose del Cabo and transfer to Todos Santos
- Welcome dinner at La Copa Cocina
- Horseback ride along a remote beach, then surf the waves at Los Cerritos, on of the best surf breaks in Baja
- Take a Mexican cooking class with renowned author and chef, Iker Algorri
- Enjoy the breathtaking scenery as we hike the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean
- Transfer to Isla Espiritu Santo in the Sea of Cortez and check in to your luxurious beach-side camp
- Snorkel with sea lion pups, watch for whales, sea turtles and manta rays
- Sea kayak & SUP the calm waters or simply relax and enjoy the myriad bird life endemic to the region
- Take a swim with whale sharks before transferring to La Paz for our final night at a deluxe resort
- Accommodation for 7 nights (3 nights Todos Santos, 3 nights Island Camp, 1 night La Paz)
- All your meals as outlined in the itinerary
- Daily Happy hour and two drinks with dinner
- Surf lessons, beach time, private hikes, kayaking, SUP-ing,
- Snorkelling with sea lions, horseback riding, swimming with whale sharks
- Cooking class, bilingual guides (Spanish/English)
- Entrance fee to the Park
- All your transfers from Los Cabos, return
What to Expect on your Baja Multisport & Island Camp Adventure
Day One: Todos Santos
Today you’ll arrive at the airport in San Jose del Cabo (please see INFORMATION page for arrival details and procedures) where you will be met by your guides and transferred to Todos Santos and Hotel Guaycura, about a 90 minute drive. Upon arrival we’ll get you get settled into your lovely rooms, then we’ll have a welcome dinner at La Copa Cocina, just across the street. During dinner your guides will host a trip briefing, outlining the adventures to come.
Day Two: Todos Santos
Horseback Riding / Surfing / Mexican Cooking Class
Todos Santos boasts 70 miles of beautiful beaches, a perfect spot for a morning horseback ride along the waves. We’ll have lunch at a terrific local joint, then it’s off to ride the waves at Los Cerritos, one of the best surf breaks in Baja. Our instructors guarantee that you’ll stand up on your board – at least for a moment – during your hour of instruction. It’s a total blast!
This evening we’ll have a Mexican Survival Cooking Class with local lawyer-turned-chef, Iker Algorri, author of Cooking Adventures in Baja California Sur. First, learn to make the perfect margarita, Second, pay attention, because you have to eat what you make!
Day Three: Todos Santos
Pacific Bluffs Cliff Walk
This is wonderful hike featuring glorious scenery, fascinating local history and encounters with strange and wonderful flora and fauna. The walk starts at Punta Lobos, the sweeping Pacific beach where the local fishermen of Todos Santos launch their boats each morning and bring in the daily catch each afternoon. A quick walk up the hill brings us to breath-taking views of a different kind of coastline, with dramatic rocky outcroppings and crashing surf. We’re likely to spot whales from this high vantage point during several months of the year. Throughout the walk we’ll have the stunning combination of desert landscape running to the sea. We’ll pass an active sea lion colony, as well as the ruins of the shipping port Los Algodones. Your guide will offer in-depth commentary on the terrific variety of flora and fauna you see, as well as the history of the area from the human perspective.After about 3.5 hours of walking we’ll arrive at the idyllic beach of San Pedro where a picnic lunch will be waiting. San Pedro features a beautiful marsh filled with bird life and a protective cove ringed by towering palms. Here we’ll eat, relax, sunbathe, swim, read – just enjoy the bliss of being in Baja! This walk includes a 600-foot elevation gain at the beginning, hiking over loose, uneven terrain, and some bouldering.
This evening we’ll celebrate with a great meal at one of Todos Santos’ many great restaurants.
Day Four: Isla Espiritu Santo
Sea of Cortez and Island Camp Adventure!
We’re off to Isla Espiritu Santo and Island Camp today! After breakfast we’ll go to our bodega to get snorkelling gear and wet suits, then it’s on to the boats and out into the Sea of Cortez!
Island Camp is on Isla Espiritu Santo which is in a National Marine Park, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is one of the best marine life viewing destinations in the world. Whales, dolphins, whale sharks, sea turtles, manta rays and plenty of beautiful tropical fish call the surrounding waters home, while a terrific range of bird species including Blue-footed Boobies, Reddish Egrets, Great Blue Herons and Yellow-footed Gulls frequent the island’s skies and shores. The island itself is stunning, with magnificent towering cliffs, spectacular sandy bays, amazing lava rock formations, and rock art left by the now-extinct Guaycura and Pericu Indians. There’s even an endemic ring-tailed cat, the babisuri. It’s a remarkable place to explore. We’ll spend the days doing exactly what pleases us – kayaking, snorkelling, hiking, swimming with sea lions, stand up paddle boarding, bird watching, and exploring hidden lagoons and desert beaches. Hanging around doing nothing, reading trashy novels and sipping margaritas also highly encouraged.
Days Five & Six: Isla Espiritu Santo
Day Seven: La Paz
Whale Sharks / Farewell Dinner
Today we’ll return from Camp for one of our most exciting adventures yet – swimming with the whale sharks, so named because at up to 59 feet and 15 tons they are definitely a whale of a shark. In fact, they are the largest fish in the world. And while your mother probably told you to stay away from sharks, these gentle giants are only interested in plankton – all human flesh is safe!
In the afternoon we’ll check into Costa Baja resort and enjoy a magnificent farewell dinner in town.
Day Eight: Adios
Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa | Todos Santos
Wonderfully situated in the enchanting historic district of the pueblo magico (magic village) Todos Santos, the Hotel Guaycura has 14 exclusive suites with panoramic town and sea views. Romantic, intimate, lovely.
Island Camp | Isla Espiritu Santo
Espiritu Santo National Park in the Sea of Cortez is part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is one of the best marine life viewing destinations in the world. Whales, dolphins, whale sharks, sea turtles, manta rays and plenty of beautiful tropical fish call the surrounding waters home, while a terrific range of bird species including Blue-footed Boobies, Reddish Egrets, Great Blue Herons and Yellow-footed Gulls frequent the island’s skies and shores. This base camp on one of the island’s most beautiful beaches that features beautifully decorated walk-in tents with real beds, lovely linens, bedside tables, lanterns, beach towels, storage space, rugs, chairs, and more. Espiritu Xantus Café is where our on-site chef makes wonderful meals for you every day – and daily happy hour of course – and there are two sun showers and two compost toilet cabañas.
CostaBaja Resort & Spa | La Paz
Costa Baja Resort and Spa is about 10 minutes south of downtown La Paz, the capital of Baja California Sur. The resort is set on the magnificent Sea of Cortez overlooking a 250-slip double-basin marina and a white sand beach. Isla Espiritu Santo, home of Camp Cecil and a magnificent marine reserve, is just north of the hotel’s location.